American Exotics Sales and Purchase Policy
Online Orders – United States
The purchase policy below is for both FINISHED GOODS and FINISHED HIDES.
FINISHED GOODS describes any belt, wallet, shoes, boots, or apparel. FINISHED HIDES describes any tanned & finished animal skins.
All orders under $2500 or 10 skins are purchased online. If you require more than 10 Finished Hides or are purchasing over $2500 of finished hides, see our Bulk Wholesale Orders note below and please complete an inquiry using our contact form so we may best serve you.
- In stock FINISHED GOODS and FINISHED HIDES are usually shipped within two (2) business days, but allow up to five (5) business days for shipment.
- Finished leather goods are natural and therefore no two products or hides including those pictured on our Website are exactly alike. While all finished leather goods are made with the highest quality materials and expert production, slight variations in color and texture are expected.
BULK WHOLESALE ORDERS
Any purchase of FINISHED HIDES over $2500 should submit a wholesale inquiry instead of purchasing through our site. A wholesale account provides added support to ensure your large purchase is received in a timely manner and as you expect it. We may also be able to secure better pricing to get you the material you need. If you’re purchasing for Production, please note that large custom orders may require months to secure, tan, finish, ship the material to you. Contact us for details.
Often, our products are made-to-order or come from a limited stock. Returns and exchanges leave us with your unpaid merchandise we in turn must hold, market and resell. All inspected and shipped skins and products are subject to a 20% restocking fee in the event you decide you don’t want to keep your purchase within the first seven (7) days from the date of purchase.
- New, unused and undamaged items may be returned within seven (7) days of the purchase date for a refund minus shipping expenses and a 20% restocking fee.
- All items are brand new and inspected before shipment. If your product was damaged during shipping, notify us so we may assist you.
- Wrong Product – If you received the wrong products, let us know within three (3) days so we may correct your order as fast as possible.
ADVISORY ABOUT NATURAL HIDES: Finished hides are naturally produced animal by-products. As such, no two tanned animal hides are alike. The images of the material on our Website demonstrate the quality of our finished hides. When you place your order, it is understood skins from animals which are farmed and hunted are each unique in appearance – therefore expect slight variations in size and texture. While we pride ourselves on providing Grade A skins, please let us know your pattern dimensions to ensure the skins we ship are free of blemishes and scars within your pattern dimensions.
American Exotics International Orders Policy
We will only ship online purchases within the United States. All International orders must submit an inquiry form so we may best serve you.
Every country has a different laws regarding the importing, exporting, and management of exotic animal species. While we process orders Worldwide and understand these regulations, there are several species that we can sell in the United States that have stringent or different laws in other countries. These differences mean our pricing, shipping, and management of your order may change.
Basic Policy for International Orders – All CITES skins (python, lizard, crocodile, and caiman) require a $2500 USD minimum order and $350 handling fee for re-export paperwork and inspections. Ostrich, stingray, zebra, eel do not need CITES. If you have further questions on requirements, please ask in your inquiry.
As a professional Exotic leather broker, let us know what you needs using our inquiry form and we will contact you as soon as possible to assist you.